Download and print the Marriage License Application • CLICK HERE.

Legal FAQ

Are your wedding ceremonies legal?
Yes. Our Wedding Ceremonies are 100% legal and binding per CA state law.

Wasn't your wedding chapel on Wilshire Blvd at La Brea Ave?
Yes for over 40 years. But Metro is constructing a purple line subway station at our old spot on Wilshire. We are happy to say we designed and opened our Brand New, Gorgeous, Deluxe Albertson Wedding Chapel on La Brea Ave. just 1 block south of Wilshire. It is the most stylish wedding chapel in the U.S. Visit us today.

How old do you have to be to get married?
In CA, you must be over the age of 18 to be married.

What form of I.D. do you require?
Driver's License, State issued I.D., Passport, Government issued Driver's License or I.D. from another country, the Matricula Consular with Birth Certificate, Naturalization Certificate,  Military I.D. or Alien Registration Card.

Must I be a resident of the U.S. to be legally married in the U.S?
No, anyone from any country, at any time can be legally married in the U.S. For Example: You may be here on vacation with no plans of staying in the U.S. but can be legally married here. Most countries accept the your marriage in the U.S. as a valid marriage in your own country.

I'm planning to go through Immigration. What do I need to do?
We are the #1 Immigration attorney recommended wedding chapel in L.A. You can begin your process with a photo copy of the executed license we provide you on the day of your wedding. You can begin the process with that photocopy. You will need to order a "certified copy" of the marriage license also known as a marriage certificate for $15. You will receive the "certified copy" in 6-8 weeks after the ceremony from the county clerk. You will need to present that document at your first interview usually 6 months after you begin your process. There is a way to get your ceritifcate faster if it is an emergency for immigration purposes. Call for details.

Do I need to bring a witness?
You do not need a legal witness to be married if you have a valid government isued I.D. and are living together or plan to be living together as of the day of the wedding.

Do I have to purchase my own marriage license at the county clerk?
We have the confidential CA state marriage license here to be issued to you by Our Notary Public saving you the time and the hassle of getting it at the county clerk.


We are running late. What can we do?
Running late can be an issue as we will most likely have a wedding scheduled after yours. We recommend getting here 30 minutes prior to your wedding.

Per our sole discretion, we might allow a 15 minutes grace period for missing guests. However, if you or your guests arrive more than 15 minutes late, you may be charged $50 per each additional 15 minutes your wedding is held up. (IE: your wedding starts at 4pm. 4:16pm to 4:31pm incurs a $50 charge and so forth. Better to get here at 3:30pm)

If you are running extremely late, your photo session might be shortened, or worst case scenario, your wedding start time will be held up until we have another opening in our schedule later that day.


Do you offer refunds?
Payments are non refundable. However we do honor a service credit. In other words, if you need to change or cancel your plans, you can apply the grand sum of your deposit or full payment towards any of "our services". Services include pro photography, a traveling Minister, priest or officiant to an outside wedding. And of course you may change the time and date upon availability up to 6 months from the time of booking, no penalty fees, no questions asked.

How do I obtain a certified copy of my marriage license?
Our Notary public will issue you copies of your license the same day for instant legal proof of marriage. However your certified copy ($15. CA state charge per copy - CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY ) will arrive to you home from the county clerk 6-8 weeks after the date of marriage. If you forget to bring a check, we can order a copy for you at a price of $25. Ask us about expediting your certificate.

We need to change our wedding plans. Can we?
Here at the Albertson Wedding Chapel, we understand that unforseen events may alter your wedding plans. You have up to 12 months from the original wedding date to reschedule with no questions asked and no penalty fees. However, payment is non-refundable.

Is it necessary to tip the Minister/Officiant?
The Minister's fee is included in service. However a tip of $20 & up is always appreciated. Traditionally, the Best Man or Father of the Bride hand the Minister a tip after the ceremony.

Are same sex weddings legal in California?
Yes. They are 100% legal and the same laws and qualifications to marry are required as a non same sex couple.

Civil Packages Chapel

Book Now
1(855) 933-4652
FAQ Price List

834 South La Brea Avenue. Los Angeles, Ca 90036

FAQ Price List FAQ Flowers Photos
web design/